IMPORTANT FESTIVAL INFORMATION FOR VIBERS
- CONNECTING DUNWICH / POINT LOOKOUT BUS: The North Stradbroke Island bus service between Dunwich, Amity Point and Point Lookout connects with the arrival and departure of the water taxis - with a bus to meet every boat and get you to where you want to go! The bus journey from Dunwich to Point Lookout is approximately 20 minutes. The bus stops at the festival site: Home Beach and within walking distance to Adder Rock Campground, as well as most of the resorts located close to the festival. Local buses timetable available here.
~ EXTRA Festival shuttles from ferry to festival site listed below:
· 11:45pm - via Amity Point
· 9:45pm - direct to Dunwich,
· 11:45pm - via Amity Point
· 7:45pm – direct to Dunwich (to connect with last barge)
· 9:45pm - via Amity Point
- TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE GATE :
- EXTRA SUNDAY FERRY around 8.15pm, please call Stradbroke Ferries for availability on 07 3488 5300
Picture yourself on a sub tropical island, with a massive program showcasing the finest of reggae, soul and bass music in the Pacific region and beyond.
For its 11th edition, Island Vibe Festival is once again bringing together the cream of Australian and international talent. New additions to the bill include New Zealand’s greatest reggae export Katchafire, Drum n Bass producer Soulware (NZ), Australia’s number 1 soundsystem crew The 4’20 Sound ft Jamalski (NYC) , reggae royalty Dub Princess, Ugandan dancehall artist SK Simeon , world famous reggae producer Mista Savona, Kenta Hayashi (JPN), Bobby Alu (solo), Brisbane’s own Dubmarine, the Astro Travellers, Fat Picnic and the Upsteppers, who will be joining Nattali Rize (Blue King Brown), Melbourne’s mighty Kooyeh and Echo Drama, Salmonella Dub’s frontman Tiki Taane (NZ), dancehall kings Macka Banton and Stryka D (UK), Kuranda reggae legends Zennith and Sydney’s hip hop reggae rudeboys The Strides, to name a few.
But Island Vibe is more than just a music festival. Through its strong cultural program the festival invites community groups from around Australia and the Pacific to engage in a cultural exchange with the Quandamooka people of Stradbroke Island. This year’s guests include Xango Capoeira, Meninas da Lua, Tiki Taane, and the Birri dancers.
Island Vibe is also aiming at becoming Australia’s Greener Festival, having won several coveted Greener Festival Awards for its eco and sustainability practices in the past. This year’s eco initiatives range from a partnership with the Southern Cross University to power up the Coconut Lounge and markets with a mobile solar power generator, all the way to compost toilets, comprehensive composting and recycle stations, and eco packaging for food stalls and promotional materials.
Less than 2 months to go 'till we all gather on beautiful Straddie for Island Vibe Festival 2016 and the line-up is now complete!
The Island Vibe 2016 timetable is out and you can download it here