Reduce your eco footprint to a skinny tyre track and enjoy the many benefits of riding with your friends from Brisbane, Dunwich Ferry Terminal or even your campsite for another stellar edition of Island Vibe Festival!
All details about group ride, bike hire at festival and Tune-Up Tent from our Cycle Vibe page.
VEHICLE FERRY & WATER TAXI
Timetables for Stradbroke Ferries vehicle ferry and water taxi are available at: www.stradbrokeferries.com.au. For those who need to get to work on Monday morning, you can catch one of the vehicle ferries departing the Island on Sunday night at 7pm, 7.45pm and 9pm, which you can also walk onto as passengers and with your pushbikes. The last water taxi (passengers only) service departs from the Island at 6.55pm on Sundays.
Journey Time - The trip takes 25 mins and most services connect with the local island bus (bus fare is an additional cost), which travels up to Point Lookout.
Booking - No bookings are required for water taxi services. Purchase your tickets at either of the Cleveland offices or at Dunwich before boarding. When the offices are closed, you can purchase a ticket on board with cash or EFTPOS.
Walk-on with bicycle: $20 return per adult.
Journey Time - The crossing to North Stradbroke Island takes approximately 45 - 50 minutes. Make sure to arrive at the ferry terminal approximately 20 minutes prior to departure to allow time for boarding.
Booking - Vehicle ferry voyages to and from North Stradbroke for the festival book quickly. We recommend booking early to secure your preferred time and price. In 2015, Stradbroke Ferries introduced a flexible fare structure for North Stradbroke Island based on one way fares which vary according to the time of travel. For more details, check the Price List. When booking an accommodation package that includes vehicle ferry travel to and from the Island: check that your accommodation provider is aware of the special festival discounted fare offerred by our sponsor Stradbroke Ferries. Any booking changes from one fare level to a higher level will incur additional payment of the higher fare difference.
Walk-on: You are not required to make a booking if you are walking on as a passenger. Purchase tickets for the vehicle ferry at either of the Cleveland offices or at the Dunwich office. If the offices are closed, tickets can be purchased on board with cash or EFTPOS.
Walk-on with bicycle: All pushbikes are free of charge, so it's $10 return per adult on the vehicle ferries (which don't connect with the island bus service) or $20 return per adult on the water taxi (which does connect with the bus, however the bus fare is an additional cost).
Discount for cars on vehicle ferry - In 2017, Island Vibe Festival patrons will once again receive a 20% discount off flexible fares using the promo code IVIBE17. The promo code is available for booking from now until the 4th November, and applies to standard cars travelling to and from North Stradbroke Island.
Discounted vehicle ferry passage can be booked:
- online (online bookings will receive both the 20% promo code discount, plus the online discount of $5.00 per one way journey). Visit www.stradbrokeferries.com.au, click “Book North Stradbroke Island Vehicle Ferry”, create a booking, and once you arrive at the checkout screen enter the promo code on the right-hand side in the "Discounts" section by clicking on "+Add promotional code".
- by calling Stradbroke Ferries: 07 3488 5300 and quoting the promo code over the phone.
Terms and conditions: The discount applies to travel to or from North Stradbroke Island between Friday 20th October to Sunday 11th November 2017 inclusive (to also include Island Elements Festival), valid for sale between now and 4th November. Standard cars only (vehicle under 5.5m long and under 2m wide). Outbound journey must be from Cleveland and return from Dunwich.
SHARE A RIDE / CARPOOL
Connect with a spare seat by using the Miler Carpooling app. You can post your ride to Island Vibe, share the costs and reduce traffic!
Lift sharing can help pay fuel and ferry costs; minimise traffic congestion and benefit the environment by splitting emissions produced by a care in half ... or by a third ... or into quarters!
You can also join the community on our Island Vibe Festival Community to find or offer a ride!
TRAIN & BUS
This is a great option for the environmentally conscious and those who pack light traveling to / from Brisbane. For costings and timetable information visit: www.translink.com.au
- Train Brisbane - Cleveland : Catch a Cleveland train from either Roma Street, Central or Southbank stations and journey to the end of the line at Cleveland. The journey will take approximately 50 minutes.
- Bus Cleveland Train Station - Ferry Terminal : Connecting bus from the Cleveland train station (route 258) which departs approximately 20 minutes prior to the water taxi departure. You can check timetables and prices on the Translink Journey Planner. Patrons can use their Go Cards on this service, and if you're just getting off the train, there’s no extra cost as the bus to the ferry terminal is considered a continuation of your trip!
- Water taxi Cleveland - Dunwich : There are regular water taxi trips across the bay 7 days a week. A water taxi trip is approximately 15-20 minutes and will run in most weather conditions. For costings and timetable information visit: Stradbroke Ferries
- Bus Dunwich - Point Lookout/Amity Point : The North Stradbroke Island bus service between Dunwich, Amity Point and Point Lookout connects with the arrival and departure of the water taxis - with a bus to meet every boat and get you to where you want to go! The bus journey from Dunwich to Point Lookout is approximately 20 minutes. The bus stops at the festival site: Home Beach and within walking distance to Adder Rock Campground, as well as most of the resorts located close to the festival. Local buses timetable available here.
~ FESTIVAL SHUTTLES : FROM FESTIVAL TO DUNWICH (Pick-up at bus stop across the street from the festival, between Chillers and the Bowls Club):
· 11:30pm - direct to Dunwich
· 9:30pm - direct to Dunwich
· 11:30pm - via Amity Point
· 7:30pm - direct to Dunwich (to connect with last barge)
· 9:30pm - via Amity Point
Information subject to change.
Follow the directions in your street directory to the Cleveland ferry terminal, and either park at the ferry terminal parking for free (spaces are limited) or catch the vehicle ferry.
Upon disembarking at Dunwich, follow the signs to Point Lookout. The Festival Site (Point Lookout Oval) is located across from the Bowls Club.